Friday, November 22, 2013

A Few Of My Latest

I created this horse bracelet for my niece. She is a barrel racer and looks good doing it! I used waxed cording with knots tied between each bead. I love the turquoise, silver and black combination.





My flower necklace is an Ohio Beaders challenge. Participants sent beads and findings to names drawn by the group owner. The focal bead is a beautiful ceramic piece.  Blues, browns and greens are my favorite colors so I made this one to fit me. It is a keeper!  




Our latest Ohio Beaders challenge is "I Found It". My "found it" is an iron ore ball that I found on The Greenway Trail. An old railroad bed which has been turned into a bike/walk trail. I had a concessions business on the trail years back. I wire wrapped and caged the iron ore ball in copper wire. The focal is two and one quarter inches from top to bottom. Rather large so I hung it from a twenty five inch copper chain.



My last project was for the people in the Philippines. A local family has been severely affected by the storm. I made fourteen prayer beads which were sold at a fundraiser this week. We raised several hundred dollars. All will go to their family. I am so proud of the generous  people in our small town. Way to go Geneva!

No comments:

Post a Comment